iMac G4 (15") YDL 2.3 Power Management

Matthew Welty yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 12 11:34:02 2003

Hello,

I am running YDL 2.3 on my iMac G4 (15").  So far I have everything running pretty nicely, and am running in the OpenBox window manager.

My question is this:  How do I get my screen to deactivate?  Obviously if I didn't have a flat-panel attached to my computer I could simply press the OFF button, but my iMac doesn't allow for that to happen.  In Mac OS X/9 the screen will turn off after a prescribed amount of time.  Is there any way to configure this in YDL 2.3 so that I can leave the system running at night without unnecessarily having the LCD active?

Thanks for your responses!

--Matthew Welty