old dogs...new tricks?

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 16 01:51:08 2003

> 4. Performa 6214CD
> - Am I right that this is a NuBus machine and it's nigh-impossible to
> get anything other than MacOS running on it?  Shoulda checked up on
> this before collecting it and storing it in my dorm room...

It is possible to get NuBus Power Macs to run Linux, I've got Debian on
a 6100.  You need a patched-up kernel though, and a place to start would
be nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.