YDL 2.3 Partition size issues ?

Michael H. Martel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 20 05:38:01 2003

Hello!

This is frustrating me because it should be simple.  I've got a 333 mhz
iMac which I want to replace the Hard drive in. So I replace it with a 12gb
Maxtor drive.  MacOS 9 sees the drive just fine.  Formats it, partitions
it, installs perfectly.

Using the YDL install CD, I can boot, partition and format the drive just
fine.  I've tried the following partition schemes.

boot - 10mb
swap - 128mb
swap - 128mb
/    - 12gb

boot - 10mb
swap - 128
swap - 128
/    - 3gb
/usr - 3gb
/home - 6gb

In both cases, when I get to the installation of packages I get an error
copying package to /tmp/package-name .  I can't rule out that the drive may
have issues, but thought before I go buy a new drive, I'd ask if anyone has
had problems installing YDL 2.3 on larger partitions.

BTW, YDL 2.3, off this same CD installs just fine on the original 6gb drive
that came with the machine.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Michael

--

   Michael H. Martel              | Systems Administrator