YDL 2.3 Partition size issues ?

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 20 11:00:01 2003

I read the same thing, but on further exploration (I don't remember the
URL off hand -- Sorry!) I found that there are two different formats for
swap partitions.  The "old" format couldn't support more than 128 MB per
partition due to some silly field size restriction ("Who would _ever_
need more than 128 MB of swap!!??").  The "new" format did away with
that restriction.  All modern Linux kernels use the "new" format.

Isn't folklore wonderful?

Rick