3.0 ISO Ripoff

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 23 00:23:01 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Dan Burcaw wrote:

Just want to share my experiance ...

My ftp download started a few hours after 3.0 went online.
It started with cd6, then cd5, and so down ...

Download took about 32 hours, not bad, knowing how many people tried at
the same time.

For some reason I only checked md5sums on disks 6,5 and 4 but not the
others. 6,5 and 4 where fine ...

I burned the CD's and all seemed well, booting, config, and installing
400MB of packages from the 1st CD ... After that it gave a checksumerror
on 1 RPM and the install crashed :-(

I checked md5sums and CD1, 2 and 3 where bad ...
I restarted ftp on that CD's and also http on that CD's.
>From the re-ftp only CD2 was good after download, the http CD's where
all fine.

So, ftp is NOT always wrong, but seems unstable !

Installing on a spare AWS9650 went smooth (took an hour), I like anaconda
:) the X-config did not recognize my IMSTTFB (4MB version Apple OEM), but used generic
OFFB for it. Screenresolution selection works nice.

nice work, thanks Terrasoft

Eddie