Does YDL use unreleased/buggy redhat-versions of KDE and XFree86?

Markus Deistler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 23 18:34:01 2003

Hi,

YDL 3 is said to be very similar to Redhat 8, and the screenshots I see
on the YDL's website also remind me of the Redhat-stuff, so I am
wondering whether all these things Redhat stands accused of also applies
to YDL.

More on that can be read here:
 www.mosfet.org/noredhat.html

For those in a hurry the website mentioned above says that
RH created a new fork of KDE (and also X) without any cooperation or
sharing ("secret hacks") with the core developer teams and without any
experienced QT/KDE-programmers, and thus heavily screwing up the KDE
(and X) codebase and introducing compile problems with gcc 3.2, new bugs
and software conflicts with other open source projects. So RH is
actually damaging the free software projects it is profiting from. It
does so also with the gcc-, wine- and even Gnome-project ....

If YDL's desktop was indeed based on that "screwed up" stuff of Redhat
it would be sad sad sad ...

Best Regards, Markus