/bin/login: error while loading share libraries: libpam.so.0

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 26 07:48:01 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 05:07:00PM -0400, Kenneth Letendre wrote:
>    That took care of the libpam complaints.  Thanks a million.
>
>    Perhaps you can help with the next problem.  I can now give it my
> username, and get to the password prompt, but when I enter that it tells me
> my login is incorrect.  (I'm fairly sure this is a correct login.)
>    When I try to log in as root, before it prompts for my password it tells
> me "Last login: Tue Mar 25 16:28:37 on tty1" and then the cursor sits on
> the next blank line.  I can type, but can get no prompt or response.
>    I suppose this could be any number of things?

Somethings definately borked.  The "Last login" should appear _after_
you've actually logged in.

If it was me, I would boot back into single-user mode and verify that all
the RPMs were installed correctly with:
	[root@byteme root]# rpm -Va

Also, if there are a lot of inconsistantcies (you should have some, like
adding a user changes /etc/passwd so it won't match the initial install)
I would consider a re-install of the OS.

-ken