YDL 2.2 -> Power Mac 7300/180 incompatibility?

Kenneth Letendre yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 27 14:55:01 2003

Hello,

    I've installed and reinstalled the YDL 2.2 "internet/intranet server"
package on an old Power Mac 7300/1800 here.  Each time I install I get
numerous
"Unsatisfied dependencies" right off the bat.  While I can begin to resolve
some of these, I find it odd that I should have to go through all this
right from the get-go.
   Looking at hardware compatibility on the YDL website, it seems
installing on a 7300 should be OK.  Does anyone know
otherwise?  Furthermore, looking at the CD I'm installing from, this is
from a 3rd party that's burned a downloaded version of YDL to CD.  How
concerned should I be that what I'm getting into here will not be as easy
and stable as the official release (with T-shirt) from Terra Soft?

Kenneth