YDL & router [cont.]

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 29 12:40:01 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:52:48 -0500 (EST), Spliced Networks
<ydl@splicednetworks.com> wrote:

> okay, lo is loopback, its not your wireless card. eth0 is probably the
> built-in ethernet on your iBook. so eth1 should be your airport card.

	I knew what lo stood for, but not whether it was relevant; the
rest is news. Thanks!

> do you have encryption enabled? if you do, i'd recommend you switch it
> off on the router (WEP off) then do the same thing you did to get the
> output below and you should see values in the access point mac address
> (the all zeros below).

	Two problems, perhaps related. One: I'm pretty sure WEP was off
when I did that -- and I'm sure it was late last night; but when I went
into Setup just now, I had to turn it off again, without having touched
it in the mean time.

	Two: It said just now that the change had succeeded; I told it
to continue, and it showed WEP disabled; I did netstar -rn as root, yet
again -- and, sure enough, I still get all zeroes under Gateway. :-(

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linuxer's Apprentice