How to configure Amanda?

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 04:22:00 2003

Dear Matthias

first of all thank you. I could install amanda from the YDL3 CD-ROM set
successfully.

I am not quite sure how to run it. It seems that I will have to create some
config files first of all but I cannot find this documented.

Is there any GUI application for the amanda command line tools?

Cheers,

Thomas

> Thomas Kuehner wrote :
>=20
>> does anyone know a backup software for backing up data to a SCSI DAT
>> tape drive (Archive Pyhton) running on YDL 3.0? Is there maybe a
>> software that is able to read Retrospect formats from DAT?
>=20
> I've always used amanda for backuping. It's a wonderful client/server
> backup tool, with a really easy to use file recover utility. The docs are
> very light, but once you get into it, it's pretty easy.
> I wouldn't recommend using it on a standalone server, as it stores the
> backup indexes to disk, unless always copying them over to another host
> after each run, which I systematically do.
>=20
> See http://www.amanda.org/
> Of course, 2.4.2p2 is included in YDL 3.0 ;-)
>=20
> Matthias

Thomas K=FChner
                  =20