OpenOffice and JDK

Kevin B. Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 18 14:48:01 2003

Hi,

> The install, configuration, and operation of  OOo 1.1b2 was flawless on
> my 2001 TiBook w/YDL 3.0.  The import of my fonts was simple and without
> any discernible error. I have been using the 1.1 betas on my PC at work
> and was glad to see it now for PPC Linux.  Thanks!!

The only problem I have seen occurs in icons installation for OOo 1.1 Beta2.

The installer puts the new icons/menus in .kde/share/applnk/OpenOffice*
But that directory is now ignored in favor of:

.kde/share/applnk-redhat/

So a quick and dirty hack is to move the "OpenOffice.org 1.1" directory and
its contents out of .kde/share/applnk/ and into .kde/share/applnk-redhat and
then the OpenOffice.org 1.1 menus should appear nicely on the screen.

I will try to see if I can fix this in time for OOo 1.1 Final.

Thanks for trying it out.

Kevin