Installing XINE

Sergio Valdes-Flores yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 20 21:57:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-20302394

I found your enter the matrix movie.
Installed xine the way it was explained, it runs, brings up the window
and the control strip
but the matrix trailer has an unsupported stupid codec
WHERE DO YOU FIND THEM ??
how can I download them?
Thansk
Sergio
On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 07:38  PM,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:56:56PM +0200, Thomas Kuehner wrote:
>> Hi Ken

>>> Try again to install it from source.  I just built it last Friday
>>> and it
>>> works awesome!  I can now watch QuickTime trailers from apple.com!
>>>
>>> The one thing that I did have to do was to re-run 'ldconfig' as root
>>> to add the libraries into the cache.  Then the UI built just fine.
>>>

>> I did it but the xine-ui does not install. I followed the instructions
>> on xine.org but the ui still claimes it cannot find the xine-libs...
>>
>> How did you do it? Could you explain it more detailed?
>
> This is what I did:
>
>   tar -zxvf xine-lib-1-beta12.tar.gz
>   cd xine-lib-1-beta12
>   ./configure
>   make
>   su -c "make install"
>   su -c "/sbin/ldconfig"
>   tar -zxvf xine-ui-0.9.20.tar.gz
>   cd xine-ui-0.9.20
>   ./configure
>   make
>   su -c "make install"
>   xine-check
>   xine enterthematrix_020503_osiris320.mov

--Apple-Mail-2-20302394

I found your enter the matrix movie.

Installed xine the way it was explained, it runs, brings up the window
and the control strip

but the matrix trailer has an unsupported stupid codec

WHERE DO YOU FIND THEM ??

how can I download them?

Thansk

Sergio

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 07:38  PM,
<excerpt><excerpt>Installing xine from the source did not work either
because the xine-ui

installer could not find it's own libraries...

</excerpt>

[...]

</fixed></excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-2-20302394--