Beige G3 + Radeon 7000 PCI + YDL 3.0

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 05:37:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 01:11, Robert M. Sanders (rob) wrote:
> Hello y'all,
>   Has anyone had problems (and solved them) trying to get
> YDL 3.0 running with XFree86 on a Beige G3 with the ATI Radeon
> 7000?

I found that the YDL3 Anaconda installer was quite happy to run a graphical
installer successfully detecting,
the ATI Radeon 7000 Mac Edition PCI card and
the Apple Studio Display 17" AM LCD with Dr.Bott's DVI-ator
but the installer ran on the motherboard VGA port to a multiscan monitor.

Meanwhile, my PC arrived with the ATI Radeon 9700 All-In-Wonder
card and RH 9 installed, and although having moved the LCD panel
to the PC, it was quite happy to place a console display on the panel
driven by the 9700 card, once it gets booted and displays an alphanumeric
login: prompt, it proceeds to turn off the LCD panel's backlight, and
it's impossible to view anything. SO far, unable to get this LCD
working on either system :-(

--
Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani. http://www.kahealani.com/
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207,