Video Projector Support

S.M.Kelly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 23:12:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 23:42,someone wrote:

>A video projector is just an external screen, from the computer's
> point of view. If you can run an external monitor, you should be
> able to run a projector, provided all connectors are compatible and
> the projector can use Mac version of screen output.

Right, this much I know.  But I also know there are "unsupported" issues
with external monitors/projectors and I wanted to know if anybody has
been successful in doing this in YDL 3.0.

> Under YDL
> I'd guess you'd run into problems if you need different resolutions
> on built-in screen and on the projector.

Exactly, this is the point of my question. Can YDL support two monitors
(I don't have a 2nd one available to test) and/or is it possible to set
up my TiBook relatively easy to be able to support exterior
monitors/projectors?  Bottom Line:  How much do I still need OSX?

Thanks for helping me clarify the questions.

One more gulp or two of my Guinness Draught and it's off to bed!

Sean M. Kelly
SMKSensei@Mac.com
"A Windows professional who uses a Mac running Linux."
Harrisburg, PA