Firewire CD-RW...

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 31 10:15:01 2003

Hi Dylan,

On Sat May 31 2003, Dylan wrote:

> I am trying to get a Formac 24/12/32 Firewire CD-RW to work with YDL
> 3.0.  I have gone through all the motions for loading the proper modules
> and scanning the scsi bus as instructed by various sites and lists.
> When scanning it recognises that something is there, but I can't mount
> the drive (/dev/sda (also tried numerous other sd**)).  The site
> www.linux1394.org claims that the Formac drives "Work great" under linux .
>
> Can anyone give me a heads up as to what to do or if I am doing anything
> wrong?

What does dmesg say when you "modprobe ohci1394" and when you
"modprobe sbp2"?

One thing to try would be getting the latest SVN tarball from
www.linux1394.org and replacing /usr/src/linux/drivers/ieee1394
with the latest SVN version and then rebuilding and reinstalling
the kernel modules (although if you're also using dv1394 that
doesn't appear to work with the latest version but sbp2 should
be fine).

						-Bill