Powerbook G4 12' and X11

Jari Oksanen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 27 13:47:02 2003

It seems that the new double-zero RedHat (Fedora Core 1.0) advertises
experimental support to ATI Radeon. This is an extract from
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/:

<quote>
The XFree86 "radeon" driver has been enhanced by Red Hat to include
experimental 2D-only support for some of ATI's newer hardware, including
the following models:

...[clip]
- Radeon 9200 (AGP) 5964
- Radeon 9600 AP (AGP)
- Radeon 9600 Pro AR (AGP)
...[clip]

NOTE: The new Radeon driver support has been included for people to test
and to help identify possible instabilities requiring additional work in
the future. Note also that there are even newer models of ATI hardware
that are not supported at this time.
</quote>

However, they have only i386 versions and SRPMs. I have no idea if these
are of any use for new Mac portables (since I don't have one yet, but I
am waiting the troublemaker to land at my table). Please note that RH
does not mention support to "Mobility" models.

cheers, Jari Oksanen

--
Jari Oksanen -- Dept Biology, Univ Oulu, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Ph. +358 8 5531526, cell +358 40 5136529, fax +358 8 5531061