YDL - PB 12" and FX Go5200: success

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 30 01:51:02 2003

OK, so after a good night sleep I probably had a clearer head and got it to
work so I'll answer my own mail just in case someone else has the same
"problem*. Here is what I did:

a) when installing th X setup identifies the card as "Generic OF Compatible".
As the YDL site said configuration was "automatic" I let it so but I was
offered only a resolution of 1400x900. I also found that the installer
actually uses "fbdev" but sets no "Modes" values.
This resulted in a non-working X config but I must say YDL deals very well
with this: it tries a few times, asks if you'd like to run some config tool
that fails, then you get a prompt to log in.

b) I did an apt-get upgrade and a yum upgrade. I don't think this brings
anything but I mention it. yum at least said there was no package to upgrade
(from 3.0.1).

c) I went to /etc/X11 and fired pico to modify XF86Config, basing on an Nvidia
config from Debian and changed the following:

Section  "Device"
	Identifier         "GeForce FX Go5200"
	Driver              "nv"
        Option              "FlatPanel"