OpenOffice.org 1.1 for PPC Linux should appear tomorrow in YDL mirrors

Kevin B. Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 1 13:45:03 2003

Hi,

FYI:  just in case anyone wants it, I have uploaded the final version of
OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 for PPC Linux to the terrasoft site today and moved it
over so that it should be mirrored tonight and appear on most YDL mirrors
tomorrow in pub/yellowdog/software/openoffice/

Included there is a software development kit for building OOo add-ons and
remotely controlling OOo via C++, Java, Pythn, etc,  an installation/setup
guide in pdf format, and a collection of ppc linux specific source pieces
(two minor patches) and all of the binary pieces one might need to build
their own version on YDL 3.0 when added to the official OpenOffice.org 1.1
source tarball.

Once things slow down a bit more I will look into making RPMs for this release
(for OOo 2.0 it is planned to use native RPM based installation for all unix
platforms).

Feedback and bug reports welcome at OOo's Issuezilla site.  Please add
khendricks@openoffice.org as CC to any issue you feel might be ppc linux
specific.

The binaries require YDL 3.0 or any other PPC Linux distribution that supports
glibc-2.3.2.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

---
PPC Linux Port Maintainer for OpenOffice.org
Porting Project Co-Lead, and Lingucomponent Project Co-Lead