New G4 Powerbook Video (Radeon Mobility 9600) Problems

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 12 02:09:01 2003

Ed,

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere.

> Section "Monitor"
> Identifier "Monitor0"
> ModelName "Monitor Model"
> Option "DPMS"
> HorizSync 30-130
> VertRefresh 50-160

I am aware of no LCD screen whose vertical refresh goes up to 160 Hz.
I suggest you try a maximum of 75 Hz.  (That's what the manual of my
17" Acer AL707 TFT says I should use, anyway.)

> Modes "1280x854"

Is this a XFree86 standard supported mode, or do you have a specific
modeline for it in the configuration file?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.