New G4 Powerbook Video (Radeon Mobility 9600) Problems

Ed McKnight yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 12 17:27:01 2003

Thanks, Atro,

The Monitor section was auto-created by YDL3.0 install. I tried dropping
the top value as you suggested but no joy.

I skimmed the archives on YDL for VertRefresh and found other people
posting the values below for the G4 Powerbook...

The mode is confirmed by the driver (entries in the log file;) the
modeline itself is generated by the driver/chip.

I was also handed a pointer to diffs on radeonfb.c in the kernel drivers
tree. I haven't tried doing anything with it yet because I'm a little
confused about radeon drivers both in the XF86config and in the kernel
tree. Does anyone understand the relationship between them? Is the
radeonfb also a possible driver for XF86config to refer to or is it to
be a kernel module?

YDL tells me they're working on it but have no dates yet...

thx,  --emk