No CDROM issues mentioned at YDL Support

Chris Gehlker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 31 19:13:01 2003

On Oct 31, 2003, at 6:59 PM, C Boughton wrote:

> Chris (and Bruce), my comments on YDL were made on the basis that my
> machine was not brand new (it's been around for 2 years) and so I
> would have expected many of the install issues to have dissipated.
> Further, the Airport has been part of the Mac offerings for longer
> than 2 years and it obviously there is a degree of trickiness with
> getting it going from YDL.  I would have thought that some directions
> (notes) would overcome frustration for YDL users.  Whilst some within
> the YDL community might feel that my attitude is rude and offensive,
> my experiences with both Red Hat and Debian have (to date) been
> excellent on a number of different machines starting back on RH 4.x.

I hardly thought they were rude and offensive. I merely think that you
have been lucky with Red Hat and it colors your view. Either that or
I've been really unlucky with Red Hat and it colors my view.

In my mind, Debian is in a different category. Installing Woody on a G4
is a PITA but nobody was pretending any different.