mozilla weirdness

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 3 09:27:01 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:48:00PM -0400, Michael Molino wrote:
> Been running YDL 3 happily for a few months now.  For some reason lately,
> mozilla has been acting up.
>
> Whenever I close mozilla, I lose all my setting about what to warn me about.
> For instance, if I open up mozilla and submit a form that's unencrypted, I
> get a warning.  I disable the warning, and I don't get it again as long as I
> close the browser.  But once I close it and reopen it, I get warned again.
> This is a recent thing.  I haven't changed anything that I can think of that
> would affect this.  Permissions in ~/.mozilla seem ok.
>
> Any ideas?  It is very frustrating.

Check the permission and ownership of the file:
	.mozilla/default/<random-string>.slt/prefs.js

Mine looks like:
-rw-rw-r--    1 ken      ken          2729 Aug 22 09:22 prefs.js

I'd also check the contents of prefs.js are actually getting updated.

	[ken@byteme 6yt1x7sr.slt]$ grep "warn_submit_insecure" prefs.js
	user_pref("security.warn_submit_insecure", false);
	[ken@byteme 6yt1x7sr.slt]$
	<launch mozilla and change the preference>
	<run the above command again>
	<close mozilla>
	<run the above command again>

HTH.