B&W G3 drive problems

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 05:38:01 2003

On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 05:16  PM, Brian Thompson wrote:
> I had simila problems...
>
> I then used OS 9.2.2 to re-partition the Hard Drive.
> open Drive Setup.
> With out having ANY drives selected, go to Functions -> Initilization
> Choose Low Level Format.
> THEN select your 20Gb HD and Initilize.  This will force the apple
> drivers to install on the drive.
>
> Reboot and re-install YDL

Hmm, I might have to try that.  I've got a 2 drive cable coming this
week with another drive that I ordered.  I'll check to see if I have a
Rev1 or Rev2 board and maybe install both drives.

For some unknown reason, it just started to work this weekend.  I don't
know what caused it.  I'm wondering about the battery in this G3...
What kind of things happen when the battery goes dead?  Also, where
would one find them to replace it?

> This worked for me...  BTW do you have a Rev 2 board?  I didn't try
> with the Rev.1.  I'm now running a Rev 2 board w/ a 40 Gb Seagate
> Barracuda Ultra ATA 133 with a WD 20 GB Slave.

-Michael