Looking for Mac powerbook 3400 users

Jim Hart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 27 18:29:01 2003

I just installed YDL 3.0 on a Powerbook 3400. I have the same problem as
Thom with the display not coming back correctly from sleep. It doesn't
matter how you put the machine to sleep, power button, 'snooze' program,
or automatic. The display only recovers a smattering of pixels when the
machine wakes up.

I also have a number of other problems that I can't find answers to.
*
*- The sound card isn't recognized, even though it is listed as
supported. The messages log says:

Sep 27 19:15:08 localhost modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-0
Sep 27 19:15:08 localhost kernel: usb.c: registered new driver hub
Sep 27 19:15:08 localhost modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-0-0

- The system recognizes that I have a trackpad, as shown by:

Sep 27 19:15:10 localhost kernel: ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4
(trackpad)

But, I can't find any way to alter the default settings. I want to turn
pad tapping on.

- CDs don't automount even though the preference is set for it. Have to
right-click on the desktop and select Disks>CD.

- I don't find any graphical way to install additional software after
the initial install. I did discover 'yum'. Is that the only way to
manage packages in 3.0?

To conserve disk space, I chose the Gnome installation.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

*