Starting up in command-line mode

Douglas Denholm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 10 11:40:02 2004

I have installed YDL 3.01 on a Beige G3.

I had it working fine but, never knowing when to quite while I am ahead, I
decided to put in the video parameters for my monitor (an older KDS CRT tha=
the installer didn=B9t recognize).

And, needless to say, I have hosed it up and now the screen is blank once
the system starts up X Windows.

I am a Linux newbie... So how do I get the system stay in command-line mode=
?
Is there some key combination that will stop X Windows from starting up. An=
when in the boot procedure to you press that key combination?

And once I have logged in as root at the command line prompt, where do I go
in the file structure to fix what the video parameters.

TIA, --Doug