Open Firmware Problem

Felix Jodoin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 13 14:18:01 2004

--Apple-Mail-1-500617495

Still no go, even after doing all of that. The last thing I did was zap
the pram, and then my computer booted right into mac os x. My partition
layout is as follows:
/dev/hda1-5: Apple Stuff?
/dev/hda6: Mac OS X
/dev/hda7: Mac OS 9
/dev/hda8: bootstrap
/dev/hda9: Linux Root
/dev/hda10: HFS Drive (LinuxShare, so I can get files between mac and
linux)
/dev/hda11: Linux Swap

--
Felix Jodoin
President

--Apple-Mail-1-500617495

Still no go, even after doing all of that. The last thing I did was
zap the pram, and then my computer booted right into mac os x. My
partition layout is as follows:

/dev/hda1-5: Apple Stuff?

/dev/hda6: Mac OS X

/dev/hda7: Mac OS 9

/dev/hda8: bootstrap

/dev/hda9: Linux Root

/dev/hda10: HFS Drive (LinuxShare, so I can get files between mac and
linux)

/dev/hda11: Linux Swap

<excerpt>Try zapping the pram by holding down command-option-p-r at
boot untill it chimes 2 or 3 times.  If that doesn't work try
reformatting the bootstrap partiton and then running ybin again.
Worked for me.  Also you might try unplugging any extra usb devices
until you get it worked out.  Especially printers.  Hope this helps.

David

A bit ago I (by accident) changed the startup disc, so YDL doesn't
boot; I just use the boot CD and go into rescue mode to use it. I
decided I would like the menu again, so I re-ran ybin and rebooted.
Open Firmware showed up, displaying a message like:

code=300 at %SRR0: 011ee498 %SRR1: 00003030

running a 333mhz iMac with Panther and YDL 3.0.

--

Felix Jodoin

President

FJ Studios, Inc.