Mac OS X utility to learn command line

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 16 10:01:01 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 09:35, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> Friends:
>
> Here's an interesting Mac OS X-only utility called Clix. Clix is a GUI

Interesting util, Clinton. The dual Mac/Linux configuration of many computers
on this list makes me ask outloud something I've wondered (and fought with)
myself: when do you use Mac OSX and when do you use Linux?

I'm sitting on the fence and often, during the day, boot back and forth into
the different operating systems. My system is a fence-sitter, also. It's a
500Mhz G3 - not the slow 300Mhz version nor the fastest G5. My main use of
OSX is when my daughter needs to play games online or when I tire of spending
more time maintaining than using YDL. The three applications I must have are
a flexible e-mail client (found in KMail in YDL and GyazMail in OSX), a Web
browser (Firefox in YDL and Safari in OSX [why Firefox consumes 30% of the
CPU in OSX and nearly 0 in YDL is a mystery]) and word processor (MS Word in
OSX and KWord/Open Office in YDL).

Ed