OT: When to Use OSX/YDL?

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 16 10:13:01 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 11:46, Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> Would you be willing to post your question in a new thread to the YDL
> General list? If so, please include your thoughts from above. I have an

Just CC'ed the general list. I admire those persons who can solidly stand
behind the choice of Linux for every computing task. With so many choices
available to everyone: Mac, Windows, Linux, picking which OS to use is no
longer such a cut-and-dried decision. Your choice of computer OS has taken on
the status of clothing: depending on your mood or your task, you may dress in
a business suit or a t-shirt and cutoff jeans. If I want to get my hands
dirty and open up the hood to fiddle around with the engine, I'll pick Linux
for a while; if I want a gorgeous screen and don't want to open a terminal
window to save my life, I'll reboot into Mac OS X. I just thank goodness for
the multi-boot option so switching operating systems can be as easy as
changing your mind. ;)

Ed