Mounting a CF card

Jim Hart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 25 20:17:01 2004

PCMCIA support is already compiled in. I'm using a PCMCIA wireless card
just fine. And, the card is recognized when it's inserted, as indicated
by the initial high-pitched beep and the fact that it's listed as
"ATA/IDE" in the PCMCIA section of the Control Center Info section. As
the messages indicate, the system is even 'modprobing' for the right
loadable module. But, the module isn't on my system. It's as if the YDL
folks intended to include the ide-cs module, but didn't for some reason.

And, unfortunately, I don't have enough free disk space to install the
compiler and download the kernel sources, even if I could figure out
how to build a kernel correctly. If there's no way to do this without
compiling a new kernel, I may just have to give up and go back to Mac
OS 9.