A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Stephen Harker wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 06:42:11PM -0300, Carlos Alberto Pinto Peixoto Bastos Santos wrote:
> > 	I'm also sad with those news. The ML is much better in my opinion
> > 	than the forums, although those allows some advanced configurations in
> > threads and posts organization.
>
> I agree with this sentiment.  I have always found mailing lists much
> more useful than forums.  Personally I doubt that I will migrate to
> the forums and will look for another somewhat suitable mailing list
> instead.

Really?  I'm just going to look for another distro.

The worst part is that it is *not* much harder to have a web based forum
gated to a mailing list (or newsgroup!) than a plain of forum.  Really,
It's not.

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free