A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:10:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Olaf Olson wrote:

> Which choice is the lesser of two evils, leaving YDL or going with a
> distribution that has a mailing list, instead of forums?
>
> I don't understand.

Yes.  Because I will not look at a forum.  Not because I'm bigoted, but
because I'm *busy* and don't have time to fool around with checking a
forum every so often.  If I have a problem I like having the ability to
email my peers and get info quickly on my desktop where and when I need
it.  Without that perk, YDL looses a good deal of usefulness so switching
to another distro is probably what's called for for me.

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free