First experiments with YDL 4 on a PowerBook

Christopher Molnar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:20:42 -0400

I too, tried an installation.... the only feedback I have is that the
iBook G4 is still not supported, neither is the airport extreme in it.
X does not configure properly and I do not have the time or energy to
fix the problems. I am really surprised that the G4 machines are not
supported. Anyways, I am back to OSX and I am giving some thought to
what I am going to use on my servers - which have been holding on YDL
3.x in hopes of a great and up-to-date 4.0 release. I also did not see
a working copy of tomcat or java - 2 musts in my work life.

I am a bit disappointed in what I have waited months for. If someone
from TerraSoft tells me that the problem with X in the white iBook G4
is solved, I will give it a second chance.

-Chris