Twentieth Anniversary Mac -- Good for YDL?

Daniel Gimpelevich yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:07:59 -0700

You say: "it was one of the few New World Macs that did not support the Mac
OS X Beta." All NewWorld Macs support every version of OS X that has been
released so far. The TAM is an OldWorld Mac, and it apparently has the same
Open Firmware as the PowerMac 5500 and 6500, but with no OF video driver,
just like the 7200. Someone earlier on this list promised to maintain a FAQ
page specific to getting YDL 4 running on OldWorld Macs once YDL 4 is
released. Until then, you shouldn't have much trouble with YDL 3.0.1 except
for the same X woes that YDL 3 introduced to all models.
--
"Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do."
                                                        --National Lampoon