YDL 4.0 on oldworld mac

Ken Barber mountainman at peak.org
Sat Dec 4 01:00:41 MST 2004

Quoting Geert Janssens:

> I would conclude that, although it's a bit of a rough ride, you CAN
> upgrade to YDL 4 on an oldworld mac. No doubt, a clean install using the
> kernel mentioned above would be much more straightforward.

No, a clean install with the new kernel is an even rougher ride.

It can't read the CD-ROM drive.

If you don't have one of the supported NICs lying around, and don't have
enough surplus hard drive space to store the install CD images, you're still
screwed.

I've just been told to leave the Mac alone for the weekend (my lady needs to
get some work done) so it will be a few days before I get back to this.

Ken