YDL 4 post-install lockup on PB g4

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Tue Dec 7 06:05:58 MST 2004

Robert,

The problem is with the boot and install kernels currently being shipped
with YDL4. The current YDL4 kernels have no support for graphics boards
with the nVidia Riva/Geforce chips [see the kernel configuration files].
If you connect a VGA monitor to your PB you will find that the system
will boot and run.

Linux-2.6.8 appears to have problems with driver support for nVidia
Riva/Geforce chips.  I found it necessary to build a new kernel with
nVidia support using the current stable linux-2.6.9 code found on

	http://www.kernel.org

-Joseph

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <joseph_sacco at comcast.net>