YDL 4.0 on oldworld mac

Ken Barber kenb at nu-world.com
Tue Dec 7 23:14:29 MST 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 5:00 pm, Andrew wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 03:00, Ken Barber wrote:
> > It can't read the CD-ROM drive.
>
> I've hit it. I fiddled with the options (NSF, HTP, FTP, Local CD...) and
> none was a go. I eventually got "Insert CD1 in the drive to continue" or
> something similar but it still refused to see the disk. Eject then
> re-insert the CD1 when the said dialog is waiting for an input got it
> going..

I got the same message, and tried the same thing.  It didn't work for me.  The
CD reads fine in other drives.

I've decided to go to the 2nd-hand computer junk store a few blocks from here
tomorrow and get a cheapo NIC (one that the kernel on the install CD
supports, of course) and do a network install.

Ken