FROM LIST ADMIN - Re: Ubuntu Ubuntu Ubuntu

Christopher Murtagh christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 17 09:34:12 MST 2004

 Ok, this is really tiring. As list admin, I try to do as little as
possible in terms of 'policing', but this is starting to get out of
hand, and I would like to put this to rest.

 A brief reminder, this is the YellowDog mailing list. If you don't like
YDL, or you feel that you must insist that something else is what
everyone needs/wants/should have, then this list is not for you.

 Frankly, I could care less about Ubuntu, and if I ever did, I would
join a Ubuntu mailing list. I suspect that most members of this list are
also capable of subscribing to other mailing lists if they wanted to as
well. So, please respect their wishes, and keep this list on topic.

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 09:55 -0600, Ryan Nix wrote:
> You're a moron.  Learn to speak "more gooder" engrish.

 Ryan, if this is the extent of which you can have civilized discourse,
then you aren't doing the Ubuntu folks any favours, nor are you welcome
here. Please keep it civil or un-subscribe. Thanks.

Chris
(YDL-general List admin)