FROM LIST ADMIN - Re: Ubuntu Ubuntu Ubuntu

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:26:38 MST 2004

> Who is the only distro that currently supports DualHead on Radeon
> 9600s... and we've had support for them for over a year!

If you can get Airport Extreme support from somewhere, you'll make a
lot of *Book users extremely happy :-)

The only advantage I found with Ubuntu was the Debian packages
collection. I'm happy with compiling my own apps, so I can live with a
massive package collection. YDL otherwise kicks Ubuntu to peices when
it comes to hardware support on my iBook.

I'm happy to pay for decent hardware support out-of-the-box. I don't
remember Ubuntu supporting the hotkeys on the iBook at all, for one
thing.

Cian