FROM LIST ADMIN - Re: Ubuntu Ubuntu Ubuntu

Owen Stampflee ostampflee at terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 17 10:40:19 MST 2004

> If you can get Airport Extreme support from somewhere, you'll make a
> lot of *Book users extremely happy :-)
I wish we could make it happen... but right now, a USB key is going to
remain the best method until someone figures out how to reverse engineer
it. I forgot to mention that we were the first distro with sleep support
for AlBooks and iBookG4s :D

> The only advantage I found with Ubuntu was the Debian packages
> collection. I'm happy with compiling my own apps, so I can live with a
> massive package collection. YDL otherwise kicks Ubuntu to peices when
> it comes to hardware support on my iBook.
I want to bring some cool packages to YDL.net like Firefox, and the GPL/Flash
player... its a very time consuming process and until (very soon) I get
some help with packaging, it'll probably be a while.

> I'm happy to pay for decent hardware support out-of-the-box. I don't
> remember Ubuntu supporting the hotkeys on the iBook at all, for one
> thing.
Thanks, I didnt realize Ubuntu was that crappy :)