FROM LIST ADMIN - Re: Ubuntu Ubuntu Ubuntu

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Fri Dec 17 11:32:30 MST 2004

At 09:18 -0800 on 2004-12-17 Owen Stampflee wrote:

 > Who was the first distro with G5 support?

YDL as far as I know.

 > with 64-bit G5 support?

YDL as far as I know.

 > With PowerMac7,3 support?

Gentoo (as far as I know, maybe others).

 > With XServe G5 support?

Ditto.

 > Who will be the first to support PowerMac9,1s?

We'll see.

 > Who is the only distro that currently supports DualHead on Radeon
 > 9600s... and we've had support for them for over a year!

YDL, and Gentoo too, and maybe others.

 > There is a bunch of stuff behind the scenes that you guys never
 > see...

As in the ground breaking work on G5, the dropping of official support
for old world machines, and the questionable (for me) system of
preview releases?

Sorry, I could not resist.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.