Item of interest? FC3 for PPC

Ken Barber kenb at nu-world.com
Sun Dec 19 20:12:21 MST 2004

On Saturday 18 December 2004 9:34 am, andersoc at msoe.edu wrote:

>   I have used Fedora Core 1, 2, and 3 on my PC laptop.  Fedora Core 2 is
> the worst of the bunch. I was recently trying to help a friend out with
> Fedora Core 2, also on his PC laptop, and it was a huge PITA.

I agree.  I got flamed big-time for saying so publicly when I reviewed it for
Newsforge, but I call 'em as I see 'em.

> For this
> reason, I am staying far away from YDL 4.

As someone who gets paid to write about these things, I would urge you not to
judge YDL 4 on the basis of its parentage (i.e., FC 2).  I've been
using/testing YDL 4 here for a couple of weeks now, and it hasn't b0rken yet.
It's very solid, very stable, and has none of FC2's problems.

I think there's a reason why it took Terrasoft so long to port FC2 over.  They
basically got it right.

Ken Barber