Help With Open Office 1.1

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 1 16:35:02 2004

--Apple-Mail-10-734515375

I've just installed OO 1.1. I noticed a long delay after clicking OK=20
(or Next or whatever it was) on the JRE selection page but it proceeded=20=

eventually and everything seems to be working. I specified Blackdown=20
Java because that's the only runtime the installer detected, though I=20
do have the IBM runtime and sdk installed too.

Apparently Java isn't used for much in the latest OO and you can run=20
without it. On the JRE selection page there is a 'no Java' option. That=20=

might be worth a try.

On 31/01/2004, at 12:34 PM, Michael and Marilyn Cherry wrote:

> I am trying to install OpenOffice 1.1.
> =A0
> I downloaded it from the YDL site, and I am able to expand the file to=20=

> create the installation directory.
> =A0
> I have installed the IBM JRE that comes with YDL.
> =A0
> When I run the ./setup, I get as far as the confirmation that JRE is=20=

> installed and I cannot seem to get past this point.
> =A0
> Can anyone help me. Am I doing something wrong?
> =A0
> Thanks

--Apple-Mail-10-734515375

I've just installed OO 1.1. I noticed a long delay after clicking OK
(or Next or whatever it was) on the JRE selection page but it
proceeded eventually and everything seems to be working. I specified
Blackdown Java because that's the only runtime the installer detected,
though I do have the IBM runtime and sdk installed too.=20

Apparently Java isn't used for much in the latest OO and you can run
without it. On the JRE selection page there is a 'no Java' option.
That might be worth a try.