I know how to boot!

Ron Playdoh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 3 09:53:01 2004

Just have the cd (the first cd) in the drive and restart, holding down
the option key.  Then if you have an open firmware password you'll have
to enter it, and after that you should get an option to boot from all
bootable sources.  If you don't know or remember your open firmware
password, go to www.securemac.com and download FWsucker.  You'll have
to use it in OS 9, it will retrieve your open firmware password for
you.  After that just click on the Icon with tux on it and it should
boot into linux install.  As soon as you get a prompt, enter: install
mediacheck (enter)
that will give you the option to check the iso to see if it is correct.

I'm presently stuck at this point.  I've burned like 10 different iso's
trying to get it right, using several different app's, disk copy,
firestarter, toast, etc.  None of which have produced any results.
I've been working on this shit for days now and am at my wits end for
now.  Gotta get some sleep.

Hope I help you out.

ron p