Compiling from source

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 3 19:25:02 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Harvey Ussery wrote:

> So does that mean I cannot download that Linux ver and do the usual
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> etc.  on a PPC? What exactly would "blow up" or be broken on my iMac if
> I did?

Yeah you can do that.  Check the archives I think that someone does PPC
build of Mozilla and posts the notice here regularly.  I'd take that route
before building your own.  Additionally, things that link against mozilla
*might* freak out if mozilla chnages.  the nice thing about using prebuilt
RPM's is that someone (hopefully) has discovered these problems and
adjusted the specfile accordingly.

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free