Disconnections from yum

Donn Tarris yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 4 04:12:01 2004

On Feb 3, 2004, at 5:03 PM, Harvey Ussery wrote:

> Yes--because you are using the main YDL mirror site, which stays
> pretty busy and so you get "dumped" due to the heavy traffic.
> Solution: Config your yum.conf to point to a different mirror site.
> Below is a previous post I hope will help.    Good luck,    --Harvey

When I inserted the URL for the mirror site, yum finds a different set
of files it appears, as it then downloads a few other headers and then
carries on. If these are mirrors, shouldn't the data be the same on
both and shouldn't it recognize the fact that certain headers have
already been downloaded and aren't required again? I started using the
YDL site but got bumped off too many times when it got to downloading
the rpms that I switched to a mirror. Should this not work?
yum also doesn't give any indication that it's doing anything while
downloading, leaving me wondering sometimes if it's hung or just
downloading a larger file...

Cheers,
Donn
Canada