The Newbie List is Dead! Long Live the Newbie List!

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 9 21:15:02 2004

Friends:

(I apologize for crossposting this message to both
Yellow Dog lists, but my reason will soon be obvious.)

Maybe we should all join the Yellow Dog General
<mailto:yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
mailing list until the Yellow Dog Newbies list
<mailto:yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
archives return. What do you think?

For some unexplained reason, the Yellow Dog Newbies
List is no longer maintaining the archives (the last
archive is from November of 2003). For Newbies (and
not-so-Newbies), the Archives are a major resource,
and important questions can be answered there. I do
not know why the Newbies List is not being archived,
and I hope it will return soon. Meanwhile, so that a
record of solutions is archived, I think we should
turn our discussions over to the General mailing list.

A potential problem with my solution is that true
Newbies will naturally sign up for the Newbie List.
Can we persuade them to sign up for the General List,
at least until the Newbie List archives return?

What do you think?

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>