mplayer and xine

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 23 01:19:01 2004

On Monday 23 February 2004 03:36, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> Mr. Barr:
>
> Brian Barr <barr AT coastal DOT ufl DOT edu> wrote:
> > I highly recommend installing their apt packages
> > which can be found here:
>
> <http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/yellowdog/3.0/apt/>
>
> I second that. Now that I have followed your
> directions and installed both apt-get and synaptic, I
> owe you *two* beers. I would have thought that apt-get
> was the best application installer ever invented --
> until I installed synaptic.

Hi,

Is there anything to change after you install apt (change the mirror, for
example)? "apt-get install mplayer" returns a no package found, even after
apt-get update.

My other problem (for both mplayer and xine) is that they don't appear to cope
with the drivers for graphic card and sound card on my 12" powerbook
"aluminium".

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein