PowerMac G4 17" and YDL 3.0.1 and 3.0 pr oblems

Devaney Michael yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 9 02:47:01 2004

Hi all,
  Ive got a new PowerBook G4 17" and I want to use YDL on it.  I got the
ISOs for version 3.0 and the install seemed to go on fine (albeit in textual
mode - not graphical) until the reboot, where my powerbook booted straight
into MacOS X - yaboot didnt seem to install or work or whatever. So Question
1 is what they heck is the problem?  Do I have to press or hold some keys to
get yaboot to work with YDL 3.0?

Anyway, I couldnt work out why it wouldnt work, so I downloaded the YDL
3.0.1 ISOs and tried again.  This time YDL installed fine and yaboot worked
too - BUT the screen was all horribly flickery and i was getting text
shadows all over the screen.  It was flickery all the way through
installation, and also at command prompts and in X.  So Question 2 is, why
does it do this? And how do I fix it?  I didnt get any flickering when I
tried to install YDL 3.0, what has changed that makes my screen flicker? :(

This link describes a bit more of the problem
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-Novembe
r/010748.html

Please help chaps,  I havent found much on this problem on the web at all.

TIA,
  Mike.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.