need help installing on a MAC G3 Blue&White (apology for possible double posting)

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 19 15:54:01 2004

Mr. de Ruijter:

"R. de Ruijter" <r.de.ruijter AT xs4all DOT nl> wrote:
> Still got problems installing yellowdog linux on
> Blue & White 300 mhz mac G3

After reading "Al"'s response to your request for
help. I did some searching myself. I probably owe you
an apology, since Terra Soft (the people who make
Yellow Dog Linux) has a warning on their Web site
about the Blue & White G3:

"Also, if you try to boot from the CD and receive an
error relating to your drive as an "unknown or corrupt
filesystem" you will have to install YDL on a Mac with
newer firmware, then transfer the drive to your G3."

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=7>

If this is your problem, try the answer suggested by
<admin AT datazap DOT net>.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>