neverwinter nights stand alone server error

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 22 13:51:01 2004

----snipped------
--- Andrew <virgule88@videotron.ca> wrote:
> PPC users are (as far as I understand the situation) quite hungry
> when
> it comes to softwares/peripherals availability. I thrust this
> platform
> because its very reliable hardware (I still own a LC575(33Mhz
> 68040CPU+FPU) and IICI(16Mhz...) both are still 100% functional,
> its
> slow but it go.How many 486-DX/SX33 still up and running?)
----snipped------

Yes, PPC users are quite hungry for software.  On its reliability,
it'd better be!!  Here at work, we just got our "discount code" for
Apple products.  So for $hit$ and giggles I thought I'd go over to
the website and see how much I can "save" on a Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
Here is the Summary

• Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
• 512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x256
• 160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
• Apple Studio Display (17" flat panel)
• 56k V.92 internal modem
• SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English

Subtotal $3,298.00

Does not include shipping

Now go over to the Dell Site and see how many PC's you can buy with
that price tag.

Dimension 2400
Includes 17" Flat Panel!
 Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.40GHz with 533MHz front side bus
  Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
  17in Flat Panel Display
  FREE Shipping!
  FREE CD-Burner Upgrade - ONLINE ONLY!
  Featured at
$699

includes shipping.  Leaving you a princely sum of $2600 That's a
retirement account contribution!!

This isn't a PPC vs. Intel  argument.  I obviously use PPC products,
but $3300!!!!